Students: Become A Member
Pi Alpha Alpha provides three major membership benefits: acknowledges academic achievement, provides job-searching and networking benefits, and indicates the opportunity to serve others through public service. Membership indicates to faculty, employers, and colleagues that you are a dedicated and intelligent student. You can indicate membership on your resume to improve appeal to employers and you can highlight the activities you participated in as a member. Additionally, membership indicates a choice to serve others through ongoing public service activities throughout your career path.
Interested in becoming a member? Follow these simple steps:
1. Check to see if your institution has a Pi Alpha Alpha Chapter
- If not, you can work with a faculty member to Establish a Chapter
2. Contact your advisor and inquire about induction information.
For Master’s degree seeking students, the minimum standards for induction include:
- Achieve and maintain a 3.7 or above GPA Completed more than 50% of your coursework
3. Order graduation regalia from Kenneth E. Jernigans and Associates
- Your advisor must first order your certificate and pin and then you can order additional materials